Setting Alerts- SharePoint 2013
Did you know you can setup alerts in SharePoint to be notified on changes that might happen in specific lists/libraries or individual items? This guide will show you how to setup alerts so you can keep a track of your lists/libraries or items.
- Go to the site for the list or library where you want to setup the alert.
- select the list or library
- Click on the LIBRARY tab above
- Select Alert Me
- Select Set alert on this library
- Go through and select your preferences
- Send Alerts To
- Delivery Method: E-Mail or Text Message (SMS)
- Change Type- Type of changes to the item that trigger alerts
- Send Alerts for These Changes-How the item is changed
- When to Send Alerts-Frequency
- Once you have chosen your preferences select OK to complete the alert
- You can also manage your alerts by clicking on Manage Alerts under Alerts
- Here you can manage your alerts or add new alerts
- Click on Add Alert
- Here you can keep a track of lists or libraries and individual items
Now you know how to setup Alerts and Manage Alerts!